The paper bag doesn’t often get uproarious accolades. After all, it isn’t new or innovative. Sure, there are many different sizes of bags and several types of paper. But really, it’s still “just a bag.” As one online product review recently read, “What’s to say? You put things in them. It’s a bag and it does what bags do, hold things.”
Having worked at a paper bag manufacturing company for the last 14 years, I thought it was time to take a stand and sing the praises of the paper bag. After all, unless it’s an SOS bag, it certainly can’t stand up for itself (just a little inside bag humor!). For retailers and other businesses, there really are many reasons to love paper bags:
- They’re inexpensive. Compared to boxes or high-end poly and reusable bags, a paper bag is an economical packaging option for everything from popcorn seeds to upscale fashion.
- They’re classic. There’s a reason Bloomingdale’s choose a little brown bag. They let your image and products do the talking.
- You can reuse them. While often considered single-use, paper bags are perfect for a second life packing lunches, wrapping gifts, scrap paper, crafts, and any number of other creative purposes.
- When you’re finished with them, they’re biodegradable, compostable, and recyclable.
- Paper bags can make a unique statement. If a plain brown bag is a bit TOO understated for your business, dress them up a bit and use them to your advantage. Select a colorful paper bag to stand out from the crowd. For a special touch, stamp or add a handwritten message to your customers.
- A simple brown bag can be a workhorse for your brand. Print your logo or promotional information directly on the bag and use it as a “walking billboard.” And if you really want to “go for it” have your logo hot stamped on them to give them a shiny, embossed look. On stock bags, you can custom print them for as little as once case, so you don’t have to be a large company or store a bunch of product.
- So many options! There are numerous sizes and shapes of bags and types of paper. Whether you need something grease-resistant to package food or homemade soaps or a heavy-duty bag for bottles of wine or groceries there is literally a paper bag for almost any purpose.
Share this post or comment and tell us your favorite thing about paper bags!